6/08/2011

Bitter Sweet Last Day in Taipei!

It is hard to leave Taiwan once again, but ready for a new beginning for Tori. One in which she will be so overwhelmed by. Life in the US at 9 yrs.old!
While the time has been pretty close to perfect with Tori here thus far, we hope things will continue to be joyful for her. I can not imagine at 9 yrs, old leaving familiar faces, familiar language and leaving virtually everything she knows to go with us willingly. Tori is so beautiful , so funny and so bright. She just needs us... Our crazy fun family!Our wish for her is that she finds peace and so much LOVE in her new life with our family. We love her so much and are so very thankful for Taiwan and Cathwel Catholic Orphanage for allowing our large family to grow even bigger. It takes special families to adopt older children. Unconditional love, and patience is all you need. One in which we get....And are very willing to grow our family through adoption. Ann from Cathwel, and Lora her govt. social worker, her counselor and her teachers have shown and shared how much they love Tori and want the best for her in the US.





I feel so lucky to have received so much information about her personality, her home life, her school, her birth parents and much more. Cathwel really does a fabulous job seeing that these older children are prepared to go home with their new families. It was so hard saying goodbye to Ann and Lora, I wish I could have packed them in my suitcase,,,, ha ha. This would have made the language barrier much easier also. ha ha... Maybe we could suggest they  do a in  home service in the US with the kids.... I am sure they wouldn't mind that a bit. We look foward to returning to Taiwan in a few years with all 3 from Taiwan. May they always be proud of their Birth country and their culture. Beautiful Taiwan!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Safe travels back home! Enjoy Disney! I have enjoyed following along on your trip.

michelle said...

You are definitely a special person and Tori will be loved by your beautiful family. Thanks for the wonderful pictures of Taiwan. I can't wait to go back with my daughter and see more of this amazing country. I didn't know they had a theme park. Have a great time at Disneyland. That will be an experience for Tori!!

Anonymous said...

Safe journeys home and thank you so much for blogging your trip. You have a wonderful family.

I wish as smooth a transition as possible for sweet Tori. I think one of the greatest gifts her new family gives her is your deep love for her birth country, beautiful, beautiful Taiwan.

Chris said...

what a wonderful trip you guys had
so amazing you got to spend so much time just enjoying it all, and getting to know Tori even better!
Hoping travels home go smoothly, and enjoy your stay in LA
Loved your blogging-makes us feel like we are right there with you

Hugs

Shana said...

You are so right, it takes a special family to adopt an older child and you are that family that Tori needs. There may be rocky roads ahead but I am sure that you will confront them, seek advice, read, and do all you can to help Tori. THAT, is what makes a great mother and YOU will do that as you have done in your previous adoptions. Love to you all!

Sandy G said...

The journey is a long one. The time, tears and frustrations getting to this point have proven to be so worth it. Now the journey to helping little Tori become the loving member of the family begins. You have one of the most loving and patient families on earth and the perfect one to welcome such a loving, beautiful and precious little girl. We can hardley wait to meet her.