Tori's social workers
Mr. Yeh our most Fabulous guide in Taiwan. We refer to him as Yeh-Yeh(grandpa)
Tori then wanted to go out and about and asked to go back to our hotel. We got to the hotel around 4:30 and 5 mins later she asked to get back into the infamous bathtub. So she did. After that we headed to of course McDonalds and then back to the Center by 7pm. Tori started to shut down on the way back and we knew it was because she wanted to stay with us. Mr. Yeh tryed to explain and comfort her by telling her we will be back in the morning to pick her up and she will forever be with Momma. She was not having any part of it. Once again I had to break away from her and leave her sobbing her eyes out. It was awful. One more day and we will be together forever.
Lindsay my case worker from Gladney and Gongzhan from Gladney also were with me to enjoy a glimpse of what bringing a family together forever means.... It was so great to finally meet both of them.
Forever Family day! 6-1-2011
What this will mean for her is a family to guide her, teach her, but most importantly love her unconditionally forever. We are so greatful to Cathwell and her Birthfamily for allowing our family to do just that!
We dropped Lindsay and Gongzhan off at the local airport and headed to the center to pick Tori up at 10am. She came in running and gave me a big hug and kiss. She knew today was forever!
After a liitle bit we headed off to Starbucks for some much needed coffee.... getting up at 4 am is a killer. Then we headed to the Taipei Childrens Recreation Center where we enjoyed the bumper cars, ferris wheel, train, merry go round and more. After we were done there Tori was ready to go to the hotel and play in the bathtub once again.... By 1:30 pm we were back in and the girls enjoyed a few.... bounces on the bed.... get it out here I say. As we speak Tatumn is crashed 3pm and Tori is watching Pink Panther. What more can a Mom ask for a most perfect day with 2 of my daughters.
Tomorrow I will meet Tori's birthmom. By myself. Mr. Yeh will take the girls to the park. We will head out for dinner shortly and call it a most enjoyable day. We Love you Tori soooooooo very much!
13 comments:
Many, many congratulations!!! So happy for you that its all official! Especially loved the photos with Mr Yeh, please send him our love. Congrats again!
Joyce,
Such a wonderful, amazing post! I am so happy that Tori is now with you forever!! And the pictures of the sisters together are so precious - what beautiful daughters you have! What a perfect Forever Family day and thank you so much for sharing. Glad to see Mr. Yeh being as awesome as ever. :-)
What a WONDERFUL smile she has
Such intensity!!
Your trip will be jam-packed full of adventure, I am sure!!
So blessed to see this day come about, and what a blessing to see Lindsay too!
Hang on girl, you are in for a ride!! But who would have it any other way???
Love ya
What a great and memorable day! I'm glad you have the opportunity to meet the BM tomorrow.
What a sweet beginning! Congratulations!
Congratulations Joyce!
I am so happy to see you and Tori reunited and know that this time it is forever :)
I hope you and the girls have a wonderful time together in Taiwan.
We will be praying for safe travels for you and that God will bless this special time in your family's lives.
Love,
Angie
CONGRATS Joyce!!! I love all the pictures and the girls are having such a great time together, it's awesome!!! Please tell Mr. Yeh we said HELLO!!! Enjoy the rest of your trip!!
Congratulations!
I am so happy for you guys!
Don't leave Taipei until I get there!:)
I am SO happy for you Joyce!! What an amazing day for all of you!! Tori is such a beautiful spirit and in love with her sweet mama already. So, is Mr. Yeh happy to see you AGAIN? :) Is he convinced you'll be back next year to adopt again. :) What's Alex up to these days?
Reading this makes me miss our days in Taiwan with you, Travis and Trey. What fun we had!! Enjoy your trip and bonding with your sweet, sweet girl!!
Congrats!
I love looking at all the pictures. The weather looks so nice! Much better than when we were there. I am so happy for you!!! I hope the meeting with BM goes well.
Oh my!! I didn't realize you were in Taiwan. I was so excited to catch up on your blog and see that you were having your forever day with Tori!! I'm so excited for you! She is absolutely beautiful!!
Joyce! Congratulations on this long awaited day. I am so happy for you, Bob, Tori, and the whole family! We are praying for a seamless trip for you and cannot wait for you to get home.
I am totally crying after reading that Tori did not want to leave you on that first visit. Poor baby, did not know what to expect or what would happen. I am so glad that she knows that you will always come back and that you are her family. Thanks so much for sharing! Your family is an inspiration to me, really! I really believe that our journey to adoption has not ended and it's stories like yours that make we want to pursue it. Love to you all!
Post a Comment