After waiting 2 mos were heard word on the 16th of July that her final ruling had been finished in the courts in Taichung Taiwan. That makes her officially ours.
That Monday I had one of the hardest days yet. I could not leave the house. Shed many tears wondering when they will finish up with her court process. I had drafted a email up to my case manager Traci in Tucson and sat there and just could not bring myself to send it to her in my whiny, bawl baby stage. I felt she would not want that on a Monday. So I saved it to my folder and circled around the house. At 4:44pm I got the call on my cell phone. I cried so much I had no mascara on. Trying to listen to when her AIT appt. was in Taiwan it was all such a blur.
After waiting so long to adopt our journey to Tessa will finally come to our travel to Taiwan.
My Mom, sister in-law, and Tyler will all be traveling with me. We will be staying at the Agora Garden Hotel in Taipei, Taiwan. Tessa Yi Ling is about 2 hrs south in Taichung. We will fly out of New Bern on the 25th to LAX, catch the 1am flight on Thursday and arrive in Taipei Friday the 27th at 5:am. This will give us a chance to go sight seeing and catch up on our sleep. Monday the 30th is the day we drive to Taichung and pick Tessa up from her Foster Family. This will be a very hard day. On the 31st we will have her AIT appt. where we file for her visa, and the 1st of August we will hopefully be able to pick it up. We will be leaving Taipei at 6pm on the 3rd of August and fly into LAX at 4pm. We will stay the night in LA and fly back to New Bern on the 4th. Words can't say how anxious and excited we are to finally be taking this journey to our new daughter Ms Tessa Yi Ling.
We will try to post as often as possible so check back daily as we will try to journal into our blog
daily. Please say a prayer for us as we travel and that Tessa Yi Ling does not grieve to hard for everything she once new. We are forever greatful to have been allowed to have this opportunity to adopt through this program in Taiwan.... We feel very blessed.
Wish us luck.... Tyler 14 hrs on the plane. I am sticking him with my Mom... He He....
7/23/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Ms. Joyce,
Im soooooo excited for you guys! I can only imagine how thrilled you are to get lil misss Tessa! And yes, your gonna have to stick Tyler with Grandma Birdie or he'll drive you nuts! hehe... Have a Safe trip!!! And enjoy every moment!
all my love,
Christina
Joyce...we are so happy for you and can't wait to see beautiful Ms. Tessa in your arms forever. Have a fantastic and amazing trip with your mom, SIL and Tyler! We are anxious to hear all the great tips when you get home.
Lori
Joyce and Bob we are so happy for you all. Have a safe trip. May God Bless and keep you all. It will be nice to have two sweet little girl's.
Love,
Kathryn and Bill
Joyce,
I did not get a chance to wish you safe travels before you left, but I am so happy your long journey is ending (or just beginning as the case may be)! I cannot wait to read about your time in Taipei and to see Tessa Yi Ling in your arms. I also wish Tessa a smooth transition into your family!
Anne Marie
from the TWCA Yahoo group
So glad that you arrived in Taiwan safely - sorry that you are feeling car sick :-( Have a great time sightseeing and so so soon you will have little Tessa!
Katie
Congratulations!!!
Well you should be in country and anxiously waiting for Monday. Get out and check out the area and take some pictures to put in her album. She will want to see all there is to see about her homeland. We love ya and can't wait to see you get back with the little darling.
Love ya....Sandy and Rusty
Joyce,
I will call you on the 3rd when you get back to LAX. we are so happy for you!! Can't wait to meet you, Tessa and the rest of your family.
Judy and Steve
I can't wait to see pics of you with that beautiful girl in your arms! Have a wonderful trip & enjoy every moment!!
Mel
Joyce,
Sure did enjoy your message and pictures. We are all so happy for you. What a wonderful experience for ALL of you. Can hardly wait to meet my newest neighbor. Safe travels to all of you. Looking forward to having you all home!
Love,
Ramona, Bert and Caroline
Joyce,I guess my 1st comment didn't go thru----Oh my!!What a precious soul. As soon as I saw her in your arms I had tears. You're such a kid magnet & looks like Tyler is too.Can't wait to see Tessa home with her family. Safe travels & see ya soon!!!Love Sandra
Joyce, I am so happy for you, you finally have your baby in your arms where she belongs!!I can't wait to see her she is just tooooo cute!!! I am glad the cell phone works there. See you when you get back.
Love ya,
- Rosa
Post a Comment