7/02/2007

Taiwan family picnic

We got home last night from such an inspiring weekend in Salisbury NC. I drove Tatumn and I there on Friday afternoon. After switching hotels I called Amanda and she and her family came to meet us and take us downtown for dinner. We had the best time getting to know each other and our kids played so well together for just meeting. She has 2 adopted darling little girls.
We went back to their house while the girls played they showed me albums of their girls before and during their adoption process. Then we went through a stack of photos of Taipei. How cool were those photos. Just to see what we will be seeing soon.
The next day we got to Dan Nicols Park where we were meeting with 6 or so other families who have adopted, are adopting and waiting on their referral(Photo and info on a specific child) or are waiting through the courts to bring their child home also. Brought some tears to my eyes to see these beautiful children. Some were very quiet and one doll baby has only been home a few months was very busy taking it all in. It was so great to get to know these families. It truly will be great to see all of us hopefully together again next year with all of our babies home.
I feel as if I would have missed a huge part of what will soon be Tessa's future family had I not gone. I am so thankful for getting the chance to meet each and every one of them...
I emailed another girl in my agencies office today since Traci is probably having a great vacation and asked Simone about our wait for our final ruling. She says there have been a handful of parents who have waited the full 8 wks. UGH!!!! Wish we weren't one of them. And they will be sure to let me know when they have word. Can't be soon enough......
We shall keep you posted as we here anything new.

No comments: