We headed out at 10. Of course I had 2 dramamine in me by now. We drove to Keelung where you see the pictures of the bell and town. The other pictures are of the coast along the way. We went to Ocean world and saw the small show of dolphins and seals and some marine life in Taiwan. Wow did we sweat today. I hope I sweat off 10 pnds. I think overall with are outings the traffic is soooooooo scary. Cars, scooters, pedestrians. Everything that moves has the right away all at the same time. I just can't believe I haven't been in or seen a car accident. All I can say is I just continue to look out the window and don't think about how that big truck is just inches from my window!!!!!! Our room is piled high with stuff that I am trying to get ready to go to get my girl.
We ate dinner at Macaroni Grill tonight next to Taipei 101 it was excellant. All of our stomachs are just not completely settled to risk too much authentic food. We do a little but not tooo much.
We ate dinner at Macaroni Grill tonight next to Taipei 101 it was excellant. All of our stomachs are just not completely settled to risk too much authentic food. We do a little but not tooo much.
I have to say Taiwan has a distinctive smell. One I don't think I will ever forget. Deep fried fishy smell, with sea weed. Not bad. Just different.
I really need to crash it is almost midnight here and I have been up since 4 am today. A little off in the time but maybe I am tooo excited also. Ya think.
Now that I finally fixed the language in my blog, I will try to post as much as possible.
It was in Chinese. I could not read my way through to post but the blogettes came through with some and I just had to continue at it here and there to figure it out... GeekSquad!!!! Sorry for not a very specific blog tonight but it is all I can do so I can upload pics....
Tomorrow we are off toWulai to the cable car ride aboriginal show and lots more, Jade/Flower Markets, and a few other things.
less than 2 days now.
4 comments:
There is order within what we see as "chaos" traffic. I never noticed the "smell". I have to pay attention. to me it was more like just bad air pollution.
get some rest! enjoy wulai.
A friend who was just in China for a month said the same thing about the smog...probably similar to our big city smoggers...the heat really makes a difference. Away from the big city and when it is cooler she said you don't see any smog at all. Lucky you to be there in summer! :):) When we were in Seoul we notified the Kimchi smell...not bad but just something you will never forget. Awesome memory! :):) Have fun exploring.
Enjoy every moment of your trip. Soon you will have your daughter; how exciting!!
Lori W.
Well by now you are trying to sleep so you can go pick up the precious one. I know you have crammed everything into the days before and now comes the real reason for the trip. Don't be scared, revel in the moment. It will be okay for her to see tears of happiness. She will sence it and be calmer.
As for the smells, it is in all countries outside the US. The Philippines had its unique smells along with Korea and Japan. I still remember them and it has been 21 years since we were there.
We love ya - and can't wait till you get home...:):):) Sandy and Rusty and Family
Post a Comment