First picture after meeting my daughter.
Well,,,,,I made it to Taiwan without a single hitch. Becoming a pro traveler.... ha.....at least to Taiwan. Mr. Yeh was there to greet me with a huge smile and a big hug... So nice to have his services once again and to enjoy my trip without worries.... He just has it all figured out...
Mr. Yeh picked me up at 4:30(1-6-11) and we headed over to a building to meet Tori. I arrived about 10 minutes or so before and had a chance to talk with her government social worker and Cathwells(orphanage sw) it was great to learn more about her. She is very interested in gardening.Yeah!!I have one who wants to plant flowers with me.... She came right in and sat right next to me and smiled soooooo big... I reached over and hugged and kissed her to death............. She ate it up... She is soooo amazingly beautiful.I just could not stop touching her black hair and telling her how beautiful she was. She loved it.... We got into the goodies I had in her backpack and painted and opened her Mulan Barbie and she told me I love you!!!!!!!!!!Mama... Her articulation in English is perfect. She does know a few words in English.
Then we all headed to McDonalds. She ordered an Apple Pie first then her cheeseburger kids meal. She ate it all..... The social workers could not get over how she hit it off with me so quickly. They thought she was going to be nervous and anxious.. Not a bit they said. They said they believe she would have had no problems going back to the hotel with me tonight...
Then we all headed to McDonalds. She ordered an Apple Pie first then her cheeseburger kids meal. She ate it all..... The social workers could not get over how she hit it off with me so quickly. They thought she was going to be nervous and anxious.. Not a bit they said. They said they believe she would have had no problems going back to the hotel with me tonight...
We had more time to talk about older children and adoption. Cathwells sw said after you finish adopting Tori maybe I could come back and adopt more waiting older children!!!!!!! I wish... I know this is our last adoption... Feeling very lucky as a family to have soon to be 3 from Taiwan in 6 yrs>>>>>> Now if the money tree grew????? Ha..
So tomorrow I pick Tori up at 5pm and and NOWWWWWWWWWWWW I get to have her all the way until Tues at noon! That will be the day I leave. So I will try to post more photos during our slumber party days.... I am still needing someone to pinch me that this is REAL!!!! I am in Taiwan! And she will be my dughter! My sweet Tori.
13 comments:
Joyce,
This is AWESOME!! I am so happy for you and glad that your initial meeting with Tori went so well. She is beautiful and I love seeing her smile.
Enjoy your slumber party :-)
Amy
Amazing! I am so happy it is going well. This is such a wonderful opportunity to spend time with her! I totally agree that it is wonderful to be able to depend on Mr. Yeh also.
OMG she is such a sweetie! So glad things are going so well, its fantastic that you are making this extra trip and will clearly make the transition so much better for Tori!
So Happy for you Joyce!
I hope you have a wonderful time together this week :)
I'm SO SO SO happy for you...for both of you...for all of you!!! She is SO pretty and looks so happy to be with you!! I can't wait to hear about all you get to do together!!
Tell Mr. Yeh we said hello!!! :-)
HUGE congratulations that it is going so well!!! I'm really happy for her and for your family.
Sounds wonderful Joyce! You are doing a great job.
Amy P
So precious! I am SO happy for you!!!
Wow- What an amazing day. Tori is so beautiful and it sounds like she is just a doll. What an amazing time you girls are going to have. Looking forward to sleep over pics:)
I'm crying! What a gorgeous girl and her smile lights up a room. You guys are going to have the best time - I can't wait to read more!
Have fun!
Heather
How many times have I said your a kid magnet!! Well the pics proof it. Slumber party-manicure,pedicure,bubble bath,hairdos, how fun is that gonna be!!!I'm really happy for you!!Only you could do something like this.I still say Feb.-April. Can't wait to see more pics.....
I am so happy for you! I hope you have an amazing weekend. The time spent making precious memories will last a lifetime.
Diane
Tori is absolutely beautiful and such a gorgeous smile! So happy that your meeting went well and you have already formed a bond with her.
Have a wonderful sleepover!!
Post a Comment