Our trip to Taichung started at 8 am and we all loaded into the van with Mr. Yeh.
We drove about 2 hrs. to Taichung where we pulled up in front of a small building that blended with the rest of the stores and read the top Taiwan Women and Childrens Association.
I walked in the door where I was greeted by several girls and was offered a drink and to sit down. They were taking updated photos of 2 babies. One boy 4-5 months and a little girl around 7 mos. I didn't recognize any of them as any of our babies in our group. I got to hold the chunky little boy while I waited on Yi Ching(Samantha). The office is where we see most of our babies photographed as they get older. Their were lots of packs of diapers and stacks of Snow formula lining the room. I would imagine that they provide these for the foster parents. The wood measurer placed on the table in front of me I obviously new this is how they get the length of our babies. It was so cool to see exactly what they did to get the those updates to us. The foster moms bring them to this office so they can do their pictures and videos, and there height and weights. After being there about 10 mins we loaded up into Mr. Yeh's van and drove about 2 blocks to a small house where we saw Ms. Lu and Yi Ling waiting outside for us. No tears yet.
We entered her house in our bare feet. And I stayed pretty far back at first to make eye contact and talk with Yi Ling. Shortly after that they put her down and I sat on the floor and started to blow bubbles with her. She just looked and looked at the bubbles. I asked a few ?'s but not tooo many. I mainly asked Yi Ching ?'s before we got there and after. I wanted to know what she liked to do. She said go outside and walk around and that she loved the stroller.
After watching her eat these marshmellow things it was time to go. We were there about 20mins. This is when the flood gates came. I was so sad for what she would feel when we left the only Mom she really new. A little guilty. I thanked Ms. Lu for giving her so much love and attention and told her I would send lots of pictures and we were off to the baby store.
I could have spent hours in here. I bought formula, diapers, wipes, 2 toys, stacking formula holder, 2 chinese/english picture books.,5 pairs of squeeky shoes, and a stroller. Yi Ching told me that our family bought the most of all families. I laughed. She said when we left TWCA that she would love to go shopping with me. I gave her a big hug and thanked her for my beautiful daughter and told her. All of of waiting parents appreciate the love that the fp's give our children and thanked them for allowing us to adopt with them. I gave her a great big hug and told her we would take very good care of Tessa Yi Ling and she said . I know you will. She is very lucky to have such a loving family. I did not meet with the birth Mom. It was going to be to hard for her Yi Ching said. But I left my gifts to send to her. She lives in Jhubei City. About an hour from TWCA. It was both a very happy and sad day all in one. But I just thank god she is in my arms now. I waited so long for this day to finally come and she is all ours now....... We love you Tessa Yi Ling!
8/06/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment