9/02/2012

Yep that's Right..... One more for the Henke Family!

We are thrilled to share the news of Tanner. We just found out we were approved to adopt him. He is 7 yrs. old and in Taiwan where all my other littles came from....
How he came to be....
About three days after Tori came home Trey started to cry.... He wanted to know why we brought a sister home for Tessa and not a brother.... We reminded him we tried for a year to receive information on his half brother in Taiwan. He was much older and the situation was much more complicated. With little info on him after a year we pursued antoher child. Tori....
He gets all that. He loves Tori. They play amazingly well. Very close but when you put Tessa in the mix he is odd man out... The girls play girl toys. Play horses, barbies etc. He just wants a boy he says.... So we told him to win the lottery. He wanted to know how we do that... So we told him... So a few times a week he would ask if we won the lottery yet... NOPE.... So one night I, Joyce checked all the lottery tickets sitting on my desk and we won 11.00 dollars... That was all it took. I left a note for Robert one morning and said. You Lose.... we won the lottery.... You didn't say how much we would need in order to start this process again....So at that point we began all the paperwork chace in order to get ready to choose a waiting child.
I have to say the kicker for me and knew this had to happen once again for our family is when I was tucking Trey in and he said, Mom, you can have my dollar. What would I need your dollar for... So you can go get me a brother.... That was it.... as I came downstairs with tears in my eyes and the biggest knot in my throat I said to Robert. We must start again. We need to give another little boy a great life here with us and a brother who so badly wants him.....


And that is how Tanner came to be. We have not yet received his official adoption documents from Taiwan yet... But should be here any day now.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Congratulations Joyce and Family! Another exciting journey to build your family. Best wishes!!!!!

Angie said...

Yeah!! SO excited for you all!

I love the name Tanner.

I am sure all of your kiddos are very excited to have another brother.

I will be praying for you as you go through this wonderful journey.

Blessings,
Angie