We left around 5:30 am eastern time. Dropped Travis at the door to the airport with all the luggage,went to park the van for Tyler to pick up later and I punched for a ticket and the gate would not open, did it again. Now with 2 tickets in my hand for parking I still could not get the gate to open. Backed up and asked the lady at the booth what do I do now... Throw away the tickets and drive around to the other side.... EEEEKKKK should have known this is how my day would start on 1 1/2 hrs of sleep... Finally park the car. Board the crop duster and leave the only gate at our airport and sit on the plane roasting for 45 mins waiting for them to say we are going back to the gate to see if they could fix the air........... Really!!!!!!! We were all dying by now.. 15 min later we take off for Charlotte. Arrive in Charlotte and have to go to the other side of the airport to catch our flight which starts boarding in 15 mins. 8:45 now and we do the fastest powerwalk ever.. Made it onto the flight. As we were walking to the back of the plane for our seats my purse strap broke. OMG what next.....Being the Mom that I am I have a diaper pin in my purse with my luggage keys on it pinned inside my purse. Fixed my purse right up....
Make it to San Francisco 6 hrs later and decide to hop the hotel shuttle to the hotel where we will be staying one night when we return from Taiwan and get over there hoping to find a real resteraunt to eat at and nothing around... We wait 2 hrs to get back to the airport and end up eating at a burger joint in the airport... Probably the best burger I ever had.. cost us 40.00 for lunch. At least we burned 2 hrs of our 6 hr layover driving around SF. Cold though and windy....
We were in shock after leaving when it was already humid and warm at home. We board Eva airlines and had a perfect 13 hr flight .Travis and I pretty much slept the whole way off and on.. I chose not to eat anything knowing what I felt like last time I got off the plane here 2 yrs ago... So motion sick. Jet lagged and overall yucky... Helped a really nice young family shuffle through the airport with 2 children, car seat, guitar, and stroller. They were Americans who had never been here before but got jobs to teach English and Art. I know we were tired buy I can't imagine how they survived that with 2 under 4 yrs of age. And no idea what was outside those doors... Heat, humidity, and traffic. Mr. Yeh and Alex were standing outside with the biggest smiles waiting on us. It was now around 11pm Taiwan time... I was so happy to see them again.
They are what make this trip to Taiwan the most perfect trip ever. Not only as our guide but a friend sharing the happiness of our family and other families seeing there children for the first time... How rewarding can a job be to see families unite with there children. We arrived at the Agora and are in room 1201. We were in 1101 last time and we have the most beautiful view of Taipei 101 once again.. It was now around midnight. I pretty much unpacked our stuff drank a ton of water and headed for bed around 2 am.
8/01/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Yay!! Can't wait to meet you there!
Glad you are there safe and sound. At least you got the travel gliches out of the way early. Can't wait to see you get Trey.
Can't wait to follow your journey!!! This is beyond exciting!
Jami
WAHOO!! So glad that you are there! Had fun chatting with you last night and this morning...brings back so many awesome memories! Can't wait to talk more! Happy shopping and touring!
YEAH! So glad you made it and are posting......Just a few more days!
Glad to hear you made it safe and sound! I guess one new item on your shopping list is a handbag. LOL. It is nice to see your friend is meeting you again and it makes the trip somewhat easier knowing you can trust your him. Keep us posted as best you can. Will be watching for updates. I know you are busy and won't have too much time. Love ya.....
Yippeeeee!!!! Glad you are there safe and sound!! Sorry about all the bad luck on the way, but better to have hiccups then and NOT in Taiwan!!!
I CANNOT wait to see pics of you with Jing!!!
Glad u got there.Hopefully the rest will go smooth!! I hope that wasn't your new purse? Now take a melontonin & get some rest!
Joyce-- Great to hear you've arrived safe and sound. Will be looking forward to stories and pictures of this exciting time! Praying for you all and Trey as you come together as a family - yipeee!!!
Blessings and Hugs,
Jennifer
Joyce and travis,
I hope you have the BEST time ever!!! Your journey started out so much like ours. It brought back so many memories to read it. I can't wait to see pictures !!!
Sheryl
Key West, FL
So happy you made it there! I am so looking forward to following your journey.
Just catching up! So funny that you were able to fix your purse with a diaper pin -SUPER MOM! That is great that you are with Mr. Yeh again. You are right, what a great job to have and watch families unite:) I am so excited for you!
Post a Comment