8/22/2009

Our First Morning at Home!

Our adorable 3 little ones..... Of course the older 2 boys were still sleeping..
Our handsome son.


Trey JingLai was so giggly and squirmy trying to swing that he could barely stay in the seat. Plus he is no bigger then a minute. Still swimming in size 4T shorts. He is 43 1/2 inches tall and weighs 39.6 pnds at 5yrs old. Just a little guy...

My wonderful husband and family saw to it that we would have the decor of a birth of a newborn child..... Well he was a birth in our eyes. Just cheated a little...... No sleepless nights, no feedings every 2-3 hrs. Ready to start Kindergarten..... Thanks Bob for making the best homecoming for Trey Jing Lai.






















My crazy girls......
















































I am doing my best to catch up over this weekend. I have tried to stay away from the computer and focus on the children and Trey. After spending my last 4 or 5 yrs on this stinkin machine with both of our last adoption processes it just about kills ya... But it is your lifelink to support and your agency. So I feel pretty good about not having to check my email 3oo times a day for any news..... So follow along as I play catch up with our blog over the next week or so.

Our first morning(Aug 12th) together was Awesome. Trey slept that first night in his own bed. He shares a room with Tessa. I asked him if he wanted to sleep with Mom and Dad. He slept with me at the hotel and I thought he just might want that the first week or so at home. But nope.... He so wanted to sleep in his own bed and he did just that... He snores. He sleeps hard and he slept 9 hours even with jet lag, 12 hr time change and slept every bit of our flights the past 2 days prior. Man... Did I know how easy this was going to be. All the worrying we did about sleep, adjustments and everything thrown right out the window....
Our 2nd part of his first day at home was spent at the city park and McDonalds of course. For a little guy he can sure put away the food.
So far he has ate absolutely everything we have eaten thus far. And eats spinach, broccoli, salads, tomatos, onions. Maybe he can teach Tessa a few things. Although he refuses cantaloupe, and did not care much for macaroni and cheese thus far. I am sure that will change.
He drinks lots of milk just like the rest of my kids. We certainly are at a gallon a day for sure now....Oh and he loves yogurt, and yogurt drinks. We still give him his chopsticks daily, so he will continue with those and he uses them. I will offer a fork if he wants it. We try to use our chopsticks also. A quick way for me to lose weight, because I really need to learn a few tips from him how to use them to eat my food... I still am not very good. Bob,Travis, and Tatumn do a great job with them.
He is just the best little guy ever and has certainly jumped right in to our family with both feet and is just so comfortable. He is sooo funny.... So whitty and can just handle our large family so perfectly....
............To hear the Videos Below.......... Go back up towards the top right of the page and pause the Playlist to stop the music......................



4 comments:

James and Yvette said...

Thank you for continuing to keep all of us informed with how things are going. Glad to see that the adjustment for all of you has been a good one. Love the pictures and videos.

Thank you,

Yvette

Lisa said...

Joyce,
So glad that you arrived home safely and that Trey is adjusting to his new life. How sweet of your hubby to decorate your house for your new addition.

It was nice to meet you at AIT. Taiwan was so much better than I imagined. Our beautiful baby is doing really well too.
LOL
Lisa

Beth said...

Joyce I am SO SO glad to hear that everything is going so well for Trey and the rest of you!!! How sweet is that, that he was so upset that Travis was leaving him!!! I'm sure the two of them will have a special bond for a long time!!! You deserve the easy-ness of this part, that's for sure!!!

Talk to you soon!
Beth

Jennifer said...

Joyce,

Great pics! And such joy to hear how well things are going with Trey and your family!! I've loved hearing the stories of your journey and will continue to check in. Praise God for His wonderful blessings!

Jennifer

www.johnsonfamilyadoption2.blogspot.com