8/16/2009

More about our little man

To finish where we were in Taiwan I will add a little more about our gentleman. Trey was so darn cute at the hotel the days before we left. He was fascinated by the elevator in the hotel. He pushed the button and litterally pulled me in by my shirt as if to suggest hurry Momma the door is going to close on you. He did this most of our stay. The first morning we had breakfast together downstairs he ate really, really good, he opened the door up for me and pulled my chair out for me, and carried my juice back to the table. After he saw me struggling with my chopsticks, he proceeded to feed me with his. We also did laundry the 2nd night we has him andI had a fold up mesh laundry basket and he carried it up the stairs for me, helped me put the laundry in the machines and then put the coins and soap in for me. After it was done he carried it back down to the room and would literrally push me a side to make me go first in the door to the hotel room. Awwww. He is just so good.... I have to give his foster family the utmost credit for his great little manners. He was just so intuned to us. What a perfect gentleman he is.
He continued to thrive in our presence and was so openly loving to both Travis and I.
We are so very proud of him and how well he has adjusted to us in these few days we have had him in Taiwan. I have to say after doing both a infant adoption and an older adoption now I have truly found the older child adoption to be much easier. Other then the language barrier things have really been a lot easier in the beginning. We love you Trey JingLai and are so proud of you...Being super strong and very receptive to our love and guidance. Strong willed Momma has pretty much let him know who is the boss right away and I think he got it pretty fast. Good Job little man....

2 comments:

Beth said...

Joyce, I'm so happy to hear that things are going so well for you. He sounds like the PERFECT gentleman!!! Thanks for keeping us updated!!! I look forward to seeing some pictures with everyone together!

Katie said...

It is great to hear how well we is adjusting! Smart boy knowing so quickly who is in charge! I would guess the foster mom was also in charge!