Ok so I did reall well till this morning. A little emotional thinking about the whole thing. So far it didn't seem real until today. Just like being back in Taipei hanging out with Mr. Yeh and Alex and visiting things I did not make it to last time, due to the mess with AIT and Tessa's visa.
We managed to do some last minute goody shopping for Trey today. A few books in Chinese, and a medal Taiwanese police car, a train and an airplane that says Welcome to Taiwan on it. Then off to Snake Alley Night Market for lots of traditional 2 piece outfits for the 2 little ones and a beautiful shirt for Tatumn. And of course our Scrolls.
Tomorrow is the big Day. We will head out at 9:30 to the Tea Market and then back to the hotel to change and at 1:30 we head to Chung Yi. It is now 1 am and my stomach is starting to feel the nervousness. I know once we see him it will all be better........ He wants a hamburger as he requested that on our last Skype. We will head out for a early dinner at Mc Donalds.
Kaydee will hopefully be joining us so the two little ones can truly discuss how they got us parents and how much fun they are having on the indoor playground... Ha Ha...
Please put Travis and I in your thoughts. We hope for a smooth transition over the next few days. We have some fun filled days planned for him after our Visa appt on Fri morning at 9 am.
Trying to forget about how Foster Mom might be feeling tonight about having her son of 4 yrs go to America. I have thought so much about this and this is probably the most difficult emotion for me to hide. The loss of losing your child. I will forever grieve for their family too....We thank her and her family for opening their hearts and home and loving our little boy for 4 long years till his forever family found him....We will love him as our own. We have loved him for 14 long months now....It is time to bring him home to our home.
Wish us luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We are on our way Trey JingLai 13 more hrs. till ya have a crazy Momma.....
We love you!
8/05/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
Thinking of you and can't wait to see pictures of Trey in your arms! this brings back such great memories of our trip almost one year ago! I am sure the 2nd time around is even more exciting since you have experienced Taiwan before. enjoy ~ will be praying for you and for Trey to feel at home with you.
Blesssings,
Pam A (Chung Yi group)
You are in our thoughts! Relax and soak up all the good stuff in life!
Jami
Thinking of you and hoping the transition goes as smoothly as possible for all of you. I know it must be terribly hard for his foster family but I think his foster Mama will take comfort in meeting you and knowing what a beautiful family JingLai is joining.
Your two families will forever be connected by your shared love for Jing. Hopefully you will be able to stay in touch with his foster family and it is wonderful that you are already thinking ahead to when you will be able to visit again and I'm sure a visit to JingLai's Taiwan family will be one of your first stops.
Fingers crossed for you I'm sure its going to be a bit of a roller coaster ride for a while but hopefully the adjustment for all of you won't take too long.
Hang on tight!
You are in my thoughts! Hopefully the Skype calls will help Trey with the changes. I can't wait to see a photo of you all together.
Can't wait to see your next post!!! So excited for you!
You are probably finishing up tea right now! Just wanted to say that I am so happy for your family! I love that you think of others, the foster mom, at this time. It shows what a true humanitarian you are:) Ty is going to the best place in the world for him, a mom and dad and 4 siblings! Who could ask for anything more?! How wonderful!
Just giddy for you guys and I admit it a bit teary eyed also... just all of the emotion. We've talked so much about how FM must feel but take comfort in the fact you know you will send photos and that he will forever have a wonderful connection in Taiwan!! Just think about when we bring the kids when they are older and are able to visit...what an amazing piece of their journey to their forever family! Hugs to you my friend, prayers for you and Travis and especially Trey Jing and foster family and smiles of joy for the rest of the family as you begin your lives together as a family of SEVEN!!:):):):):)
Best wishes for a smooth transition. You are in my thoughts.
Thinking of you and praying for a smooth transition. He will be in your arms soon.
Heather
I am so happy for you! I think of Jonathan's BM occasionally and I can't imagine how Trey's FM must feel.
Diane
Post a Comment