What a sweetie!
He wanted to read us this story.
He just completed his spiderman puzzle for us and was so excited we all clapped for him.
It all started out on the right day and the right time this time. Thank Goodness!!!!
Everyone one was home and waiting for 11pm. The call came through. We could hear them and our camera was up but no Trey. After about 10 mins of trying to fix it on their end they called back.... We answered the 2nd time and there was our sweetie.... smiling away... We asked if he was out of schoo. Yes. We asked if he knew his ABC's and fm answered a little. He wanted to give us all candy right away, which of course we pretend ate and he got the biggest kick out of all of us going um um um....We sent him a 24 piece puzzle of Spiderman he wanted to show us how he could put it together. And he did. When he was all done we clapped and told him good job... He loved that. meanwhile during this time I saw lots of candy... No wonder he can't sit still. He also showed us the Thomas the train we sent... The kids each took turns talking with Trey the best they could. He showed us how he could write his #'s 1-6. We clapped again... He really got a kick out of this. He read us a book. Just a calm as he could. Smiling at us throughout. Making sure we were watching. Bob stepped away to get Tessa who was sleeping for a change.. Ha Ha. She came down and sat on my lap and said Jing, Jing. He got real close to the camera to check her out..... like hey... she looks like me. We told him this was mei mei Tessa and she is from Taichung also. He leaned in close again and offered her a candy too. She pretended to eat it and he laughed.... She brought out his toys to show him and he was still just about to get into the web cam to get closer... it was priceless. He loved the vibrating lazer gun toy. More like a space gun. He also was interested in all his cars,and big airplanes. We said ABC'S with him and he repeated to P and then was done. All in all he did really great this time. But we ended about 15 mins early because he could not stay focused. A little overwhelming for us all. We will be forever thankful for these Skype sessions for him and us. Just a chance to help him get to know us before we whisk him away from the only life and foster family he has had since he was 13 mos. In all the hopes he will always be happy with the new life he will come to know and love.... We love him so much and don't even have our hands on him just yet...
But it will all be over soon. He will be ours. We love you Trey JingLai. We are coming soon!
Mom, Dad, Tyler, Travis, Tatumn, and Tessa.

6 comments:
What a great session! Ok, and I don't know how I missed this, but you name all of your kids with T! We're J's. Too funny. And I love that Tessa immediately got to eat the candy...too cute!
How great! Skype really is a beautiful thing. The pictures are wonderful and it is so nice to hear the story. Thanks for letting us be a part of your experience!
Jami
Hi,
I am so happy that all of you were able to talk and see him on the Skype. Really neat. I can understand about the candy factor because I had a complex when I saw a photo of our daughter eating a lollipop. I guess they just really love candy there. I am amazed by how much he has grown, I am excited for you and your family when you get to bring him home, oh the countdown begins.
Yvette
Awwww! I am so happy that your skype went well. What a sweetie he is. I love that he did the puzzle for you. The song is o perfect for this journey. Can't wait to see you getting on an airplane,SOON!!!!!
Joyce, I am SO SO happy this skype went so well too!!! He definitely sounds like he is ready to come home!! I can't wait to see you with him in Taiwan!!!!! I'm hoping you get your travel dates SOON!!!!
Totally teared up reading that! So glad the Skype session went well and WOW does Trey know his stuff!! Again, truly happy for your family:)
Post a Comment