

I figured I best get started on blogging our news on Trey Jing Lai.
He will be our son very soon. We heard news on July 1, 2008 that we were approved to adopt him through CY orphanage in Taiwan. He was very badly burned on his chest when he was 11 mos old and has lived with the same foster family since he got out of the hospital at 13 mos old.
While his scars are only a reminder of what happend to him we didn't even look at that part.
He is a beautiful 4 yr. old little boy. He really won't know what hit him when he comes home to this crazy house of 4 children already. Words can not say how lucky we feel to have been given the opportunity to adopt him. He will also be coming from Taichung where Tessa is from. While I spend most of my time worrying about him and how he will do with the transition with no language to communicate with us on how hurt he is that he has lost the only family he has ever known. This will not only be hard on him but his foster parents.
One day I hope he knows how hard we fought to bring him home. The back and fourth with this orphanage proving we could love more children. He will someday see and hear all the stories and grief we went through to bring him home. With our agency closing with his adoption documents sitting on their desk and the urgency to rush to get these documents certified, I believed I was living the Amazing Race. I just hope he shares the love for us that we share for him.
Our documents left back for Taiwan on Aug. 18th and we should hear anytime that we are in the courts....
We will keep everyone informed as we go...
Please keep us in your thoughts as we finish out our wait for Trey Jing Lai to come home.
We hope to travel back to Taiwan sometime between Dec.-Feb.
4 comments:
WAHOOOO!!! We are soooo excited for you...Jing is an amazing little boy!!
Hope you hear something soon, Joyce!!!
He is so precious!!! I love all of the pics!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you hear something REALLY soon!!
So happy for you guys! Don't worry too much about the language barrier, we did, and we shouldn't have, with Mia. Kids this age, seem to pick it up pretty quickly.
Can't wait to see Trey in your arms!
Post a Comment